Online Training: Kids in the Know
This training is free for educators employed at an educational institution that owns a copy of the Kids in the Know program*
Training can be completed in one or multiple sittings
- Purchase of the Kids in the Know program
- Computer, tablet, or smartphone with access to the internet**
Contact us at 1-800-532-9135 for access to the Kids in the Know online training
About the Training
The Kids in the Know (KIK) online training assists educators with successful implementation of the KIK program, our interactive safety education program for children from kindergarten to high school.
This online training addresses the following:
- goals of the KIK program
- teaching methods used in the lessons
- the 7 Root Safety Strategies the program is based on
- steps to take before starting the program
- how to introduce lessons to students in a fun, age-appropriate way
This online training comes with the Child Sexual Abuse Awareness online training, a five-module introductory training about child sexual abuse, which should be completed prior to the KIK online training.
* Notwithstanding, the Canadian Centre for Child Protection (the “Canadian Centre”) reserves the right to refuse or terminate access to anyone at any time, at its sole discretion. Access to the training will not be granted until the Canadian Centre has satisfactorily confirmed that the educational institution in question owns a copy of the Kids in the Know program. If there is a dispute in this regard, the records of the Canadian Centre shall be taken as accurate and shall govern.
** While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the platform is compatible with common devices and operating systems, we cannot guarantee that a particular computer or device will be compatible with the platform. If your computer or device is not compatible, please let us know and we will either address the problem or issue the applicable refund.