Online Training: Commit to Kids for Coaches
Group rate available for organizations purchasing for 10+ individuals
Training can be completed in one or multiple sittings
- NCCP ID number
- Computer, tablet, or smartphone with access to the internet*
About the Training
The Commit to Kids (C2K) for Coaches online training empowers coaches with practical information to help them enhance child and youth safety in sport. It highlights the importance of understanding boundaries, sexual misconduct and reporting inappropriate behaviour.
This online training consists of eight separate modules that address the following:
- child sexual abuse
- the grooming process
- handling disclosures of child sexual abuse
- the impact of child sexual abuse
- creating a Child Protection Code of Conduct for your organization
- policies and procedures to use to protect children in your organization
- the C2K program for child-serving organizations
A certificate of completion will be issued upon completion of all modules and a successful knowledge validation test.
As difficult as it was to learn some of these facts, it’s very clear that this is an area that sport leaders need more education in.
National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Points
Upon completion of this training and a successful knowledge validation test, coaches will receive three NCCP professional development points towards the maintenance of certification. Users will be required to enter their NCCP ID number and birthdate prior to completing the test.
* While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the platform is compatible with common devices and operating systems, we cannot guarantee that a particular computer or device will be compatible with the platform. If your computer or device is not compatible, please let us know and we will either address the problem or issue the applicable refund.