Careers: Software Developer
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
C3P is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Software Developer.
The Software Developer is an entry-level position. The ideal candidate is responsible for developing, scaling and maintaining the many cutting edge software systems in use at C3P to protect children around the world. This position offers a unique opportunity to tackle a wide range of, and challenging problems using technology. Areas of focus include image and video processing/comparison, computer vision, web scraping and machine learning.
Skills & Requirements
- University degree/Technical diploma or equivalent experience, or in the process of obtaining
- You strive for productivity and quality through automation
- Development experience with open source technologies
- Experience with source control systems, automated testing and test driven development
- Proficiency in software profiling and optimization
- Experience administering Linux
- Strong communication skills
- Work with front end developers/design to build visually appealing interfaces
- Creating and managing relational and non-relational databases
- Expand on existing and development of new APIs
- Benchmark and capacity test applications to ensure availability
- Passion for learning new technologies and staying ahead of the curve
- French/ English bilingualism is considered an asset
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation related to any materials or activities used throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.