Careers: Legal Assistant
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
C3P is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Legal Assistant.
As a Legal Assistant, you will be supporting a fast‑paced legal team, which in 2021 is comprised of four full‑time lawyers and at least one student. You will report directly to General Counsel and act as an integral part of the legal team. You are detail‑oriented and possess strong organizational and communications skills, with a willingness and the ability to work independently and take initiative where appropriate. Responsibilities will include general administrative duties, administrative functions related to contracts and filing of community and victim impact statements, including preparation of affidavits and forms for filing in courts across Canada, maintaining and updating internal legal databases and tracking systems, and monitoring and developing basic summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, court decisions, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a legal assistant, contract administrator or other relevant experience in the field of law is required (e.g., Paralegal training; degree in Business Administration or equivalent)
- Detail‑oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self‑motivated and proactive, with a strong willingness to take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Experience with implementing, managing, maintaining and updating databases, and diarization tracking systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in multitasking and adapting within fast‑paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in using LexisNexis, CanLII, Westlaw and other legal research sites is considered an asset
Number of weekly hours to be discussed with goal of proximate full‑time or full‑time hours.
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume and cover letter (required) to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com on or before September 27th, 2021.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.