Commit to Kids Online Training
Free online training has been extended to March 31, 2019
Commit to Kids (C2K) is a program of the Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc. It is a step-by-step program that helps child-serving organizations create safer environments for the kids in their care.
The C2K online training course complements the C2K program and is designed for individuals who are working with children, either through employment or on a volunteer basis.
Users can view the training course at their own pace to learn about:
- child sexual abuse
- the grooming process
- how to handle disclosures of child sexual abuse
- the impact of child sexual abuse
- how to create a Child Protection Code of Conduct for their organization
- policies and procedures that can help better protect children in their organization
- the Canadian Centre for Child Protection’s Commit to Kids child sexual abuse prevention program for child-serving organizations
How does the training work?
- The training course is delivered online and is divided into 8 separate modules.
- The training course can be completed in one or multiple sittings from a computer or tablet with access to the Internet*.
- Once all 8 modules are completed, a multiple choice knowledge validation test is administered to confirm proof of active participation.
- A certificate of completion is made available for download immediately once the user has successfully completed the knowledge validation test.
* While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the platform is compatible with common devices and operating systems, we cannot guarantee that a particular computer or device will be compatible with the platform. If your computer or device is not compatible, please let us know and we will either address the problem or issue the applicable refund.
How much does the training cost?
The cost for the Commit to Kids online training is normally $12 per person trained BUT those who take the training after getting a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check conducted through the Brandon Police Service can receive the training for FREE* until March 31, 2019.
* Access to the training is terminated when the certificate of completion is issued or after 60 days of the training license registration, whichever is soonest. The Canadian Centre for Child Protection reserves the right to refuse or terminate access to anyone at any time, at its sole discretion. Should this occur, a refund or partial refund may be issued at the discretion of the Canadian Centre, depending on the circumstances giving rise to the refusal or termination.
Apply for training today
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Brandon Police Record Check”.
In the body of your email, please include:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Organization you work or volunteer with
This information is required to set up your online account and will also be used to send you one or more communications to enable access and/or complete the training and to obtain feedback about the training.
Once your account has been created, you will receive an email with a link that will enable you to access the training, and the first time you access the link, you will be presented with the terms and conditions that are applicable to access of the site and the training.
“CANADIAN CENTRE for CHILD PROTECTION” and “Commit to Kids” are registered in Canada as trademarks of the Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc. The Brandon Police Service logo is the property of the Brandon Police Service and is used with permission. © 2018 Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc.