Canadian Centre for Child Protection Online Training
This training is free for individuals who have recently had a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check conducted through the Brandon Police Service
Training can be completed in one or multiple sittings
Computer, tablet, or smartphone with access to the internet**
Free online training runs until March 31, 2019
About the Training
Commit to Kids (C2K) online training is a program of the Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc. It is a step-by-step program that helps child-serving organizations create safer environments for the kids in their care.
The C2K online training course complements the C2K program and is for individuals who work with children, either through employment or on a volunteer basis.
Users can view the training course at their own pace to learn about:
- the definition of child sexual abuse
- the grooming process
- handling disclosures of child sexual abuse
- the impact of child sexual abuse
- creating a Child Protection Code of Conduct for your organization
- policies and procedures to use to protect children in your organization
- the C2K program for child-serving organizations
A certificate of completion will be issued upon completion of all modules and a successful knowledge validation test.
Apply for training today
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Brandon Police Record Check”.
In the body of your email, please include:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Organization you work or volunteer with
- NCCP ID number (if applicable)***
This information is required to set up your online account and will also be used to send you one or more communications to enable access to and/or complete the training and to obtain feedback about the training.
Once your account has been created, you will receive an email with a link that will enable you to access the training. The first time you access the link you will be presented with the terms and conditions that are applicable to access of the site and the training.
- * Access to the training is terminated when the certificate of completion is issued or 60 days after registration, whichever is soonest. The Canadian Centre for Child Protection reserves the right to refuse or terminate access to anyone at any time, at its sole discretion. Should this occur, a refund or partial refund may be issued at the discretion of the Canadian Centre, depending on the circumstances giving rise to the refusal or termination. ↩
- ** While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the platform is compatible with common devices and operating systems, we cannot guarantee that a particular computer or device will be compatible with the platform. If your computer or device is not compatible, please let us know and we will either address the problem or issue the applicable refund. ↩
- *** If you are a National Certification Coaching Program (NCCP) certified coach, you must provide your NCCP ID number in order to receive three NCCP professional development points towards the maintenance of your certification. ↩
“CANADIAN CENTRE for CHILD PROTECTION” is a registered trademark of; and “Commit to Kids” is a registered trademark and a program of the Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc. The Brandon Police Service logo is the property of the Brandon Police Service and is used with permission. © 2018 Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc.