Careers: Project Manager — Communications
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
Looking for a career where you can make a real difference? At the Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P), we are a national charity where everyone is dedicated to improving the personal safety of all children, every single day. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, organized and detail‑oriented individual to join our team as a Project Manager.
The Project Manager plays a key role by leading and executing projects, coordinating the efforts of the graphic design and communications teams, planning, coordinating, reviewing, and editing content, and assisting in research and the development of new resources, services and initiatives.
- Communicate and build rapport with partners and stakeholders
- Manage priorities and workflow within the communications and graphic design teams
- Proofread and edit documents, working closely with editors and writers
- Supervise the creation of annual reports, press releases, media events, public awareness and special literature
- Prepare, develop and implement key messaging and media relations strategies
- Prepare issue papers, briefs, reports, proposals, and other informational material
- Develop and deliver project plans, reports, proposals and presentations
- Execute special projects and research
- University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. English, Linguistics, Communications, Business Administration, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in proofreading and editing
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Experience with multitasking and adapting within a fast‑paced environment
- Experience in effectively communicating complex or sensitive information (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets, e‑mail, internet
- French/English bilingualism is considered an asset
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume and cover letter (required) to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.
It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.