Careers: Supervisor of Finance and Human Resources
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
C3P is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Supervisor of Finance and Human Resources.
The Supervisor of Finance and Human Resources (HR) works very closely with the Director of Finance and Administration, providing full‑cycle day to day accounting functions and biweekly payroll. This role also serves as a first point of contact for candidates, employees, and management regarding all human resource queries and tasks. The candidate will possess a professional attitude and will respect the confidential nature of this role.
Accounting Responsibilities Include:
- Payroll administration and processing on a biweekly basis
- Accounts Payable
- Month end entries and bank reconciliations
- GST remittance
- Year-end audit preparation
- WCB and Payroll tax annual reports
- Petty Cash management
- Oversee work of Accounts Receivable Assistant
HR Responsibilities Include:
- Recruitment – posting of job ads, review of resumes, interview scheduling and participation, reference checks
- On‑boarding of all new staff
- Benefit administration
- Ensuring employee adherence to Centre’s HR policies and code of conduct
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and/or Human Resources, or combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
- Experience in performing accounts payable, payroll and ledger duties
- Experience processing payroll
- Extensive knowledge of accounting theories and practices
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is an asset
- CPHR designation or working towards
- Experience recruiting including posting job ads, resume screening and interviewing
- Experience on‑boarding of new employees
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with Manitoba labour regulations and standards
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi‑tasking skills
- Experience in charitable sector (an asset)
- Fluent French/English (an asset)
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume and cover letter (required) to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com by January 14th, 2022.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.