is Canada’s missing children resource and response centre. We offer families support
in finding their missing child and provide educational materials to help prevent
children from going missing. As a resource centre, MissingKids.ca partners with
police and other stakeholders in the search for missing children.
Every year, more than 50,000 reports of missing children are made to police in
Canada. We know that children go missing for many reasons, come from every walk
of life and from every corner of this country. We also know that as a parent, you
want to do everything you can to prevent your child from going missing.
MissingKids.ca is here to help.
MissingKids.ca has four primary functions:
- To assist in the location of missing children
- To provide educational materials to help prevent children from going missing
- To be an information and resource centre on missing children
- To coordinate efforts and assist stakeholders in the delivery of missing children services
- A central place for families to register their missing child to request support from a trained caseworker in the search for their child
- Educational materials to help prevent children from going missing
- Innovative online and offline search tools
- Access to a community response plan to help guide communities on how best to assist in the search for a missing child
- The option to receive missing child alerts so individuals may become a part of the search for our missing children